Where to fly
When to go
Where to stay in Bali
|Manta Dive Gili Air resort|
|All meals by the beach|
|Right way to vacay|
|We snorkeled here a bit|
|Pura Besakih with Mount Agung in the background|
|Too many monkeys for my comfort|
Where else could you go?
- Komodo islands for Komodo dragons. But the reviews were so bad, that we dropped the idea
- Jakarta for urban Indonesia
- Lombok islands
|Renting a scooter is the best option|
- Rent a scooter. Cab is a bad idea. Scooter will take half the time.
- If you are booking a cab for the day, make sure you do that before you land in Bali. Drivers here are very busy so you need an advance booking.
- Food is good here and options are plenty.
- While shopping, bargain, bargain, bargain. Go down to 20-30% of the asking price.
- Uber also works here, but during rush hours, drivers cancel their rides. Its a norm. So they aren't reliable.
- In case you are planning to book fast boats to any of the nearby islands, book them in advance too. There is a very high demand and only a limited options. We had to book our hotel reservations according to availability of the fast boats.
- If you are planning to get massages in one of the better places, book them a couple of days in advance as these are mostly booked too.