Angkor Wat Pointers
- Plan ahead. You have the option of 1-day, 3-day and 7-day passes. You have to buy your pass yourself, as your picture is on it.
- Ticket office is a few miles outside the Angkor Wat complex. So, factor in time for that.
- You can buys the pass for next day beginning at 5 pm today. This gives you an extra evening entry into the complex a day before your pass is valid.
- Carry cash, notes in good health. Else, you might be forced to use cards at the ATM.
- Hire a cab to take you around inside the complex. Super convenient. You can hire a romrok too given the weather is pleasant.
- Book a good hotel, the staff will help you for almost all your needs.
Where to fly:
|Dinner at Dakshin|
|View from top of Angkor Wat temples|
|Bayon Temple Complex|
|Angkor Wat temple|
|Terrace of Elephants|
|Ta Phrom Complex|
- We didn't go to Tonle Sap Lake due to immensely horrid reviews online.
- Make sure to carry US currency. Everything is one dollar here. No one uses local currency
- You could visit other towns of Phnom Pheh and some beach towns, but we skipped.
- Make sure you plan keeping you flights in mind. Some airline fly only on certain days, so it can be tough to coordinate. Like, we had to shift our trip by a day to find a direct flight to Singapore.
- Most of the people speak or understand English. But, bargain the hell out of everything. Most of the places, people are trying get the most money out of you.