Our brief itinerary:Day 1: Fly in to Rio de Janeiro. Fly to Manaus. Overnight in Manaus.
Day 2: Amazon tour pick up in the morning. Tour Day 1. Overnight in the lodge.
Day 3: Tour Day 2. Overnight in the lodge.
Day 4: Tour Day 3. Overnight in the lodge.
Day 5: Transfer to Manaus airport. Fly to Rio de Janeiro.
Day 6: Sightseeing in Rio. Overnight in Rio.
Day 7: Sightseeing in Rio. Overnight in Rio.
Day 8: Day at the beach. New Year's Eve at the beach.
Day 9: Fly out.
When to go?
Where to fly?
|Meeting of the rivers
|Holding a caiman
|Our amazon warrior!
|Spider we caught on our jungle trek
Rio de Janeiro
Where to Stay?
What to eat?
What to see?
|Being touristy at Christ Redeemer
|Fun time at the beach
|Happy New Year
What more I got to say?
- Ipanema beach is another beach in Rio that is quite popular and being less crowded might work better for some people
- Public transport is super convenient. Just make sure you don't get off the metro is shady areas, and you'll be fine.
- Take regular touristy precautions that you would in any big city.
- Iguazu falls is another things to put on your list if you have time. We planned to save it for later.
- Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory while visiting Brazil.
- Be careful of the mosquitoes in Amazon. We didn't have many issues as we used mosquito repellents with at least 33% DEET and had all our clothes dipped in Permethrin solution.