I need to put a disclaimer here. I was in Switzerland for only 3 days! Since Sumit was in Zurich for a work trip, I decided to tag along for the weekend. I will write about what we did during those 2-3 day we were there and Sumit will add on his experiences in Zurich.
Here is my brief 3 day itinerary:
Where to fly?
|Drive from Montreux to Zermatt
Where to stay?
What to see/do?We were on a very tight schedule, so we couldn't explore much. We decided to see one mountain peak, and just drive/stroll through some cities. Here is my itinerary in detail.
Zurich(Hike to Uetliberg):
|View from the tower
|Ferry ride in the lake
|View from the hike
|View from our train to Grindelwald
|A coffee shop in Grindelwald
|Farmers' Market in Berne
|Einstein Haus in Berne
|Chateau de Chillon
|Matterhorn Terminal Tasch
What we missed
- Rhine falls - 30 minutes north of Zurich.
- Mount Titlis - very popular with desi tourists. So much so that they have an SRK-Kajol poster up there! And the cable car ride is quite popular as well.
- Lausanne: A small town west of Montreux. University town with lots of gardens.
- Geneva: Well the UN headquarters and more importantly CERN.
- If you are interested in visiting the Alps mostly, Glacier Express might be a good option.
- Trains are ON TIME. We missed our first train because the train was scheduled for 9:00 AM we reached I guess 30 seconds later!
- You can check the weather in Jungfraujoch before you go on their website.
- We rented a car by Hertz car rental.
- Our Day 3 route.