We decided to visit Cancun for the Presidents Day weekend. We spent 3 nights and 4 days in Cancun and I loved the Cancun beaches. I found it very similar to Miami in a lot of aspects, it felt like a mini version of Miami. We spent a day visiting Chichen Itza. Here are some details.
When to go?
Where to fly?
Where to stay?
What to do?
|Warm and clear waters of the Caribbean Sea|
- You can snorkel in the clear waters of Caribbean.
- Go Jet Ski, Para glide and other regular water sports stuff.
- Go zip lining.
- Rent an ATV/Jeep for a guided tour.
- and much more that I have probably missed.
Other nearby places to explore
- Tulum: Another set of Mayan ruins overlooking the Caribbean Sea. About an hour drive from Cancun.
- Isla Mujeres: A small island off the coast of Cancun. A 20-30 minute ferry ride from Cancun hotel zone. You can do a lot of underwater activities here.
- Cozumel: Another island in the south of Yucatan peninsula. You can take a ferry ride from Playa del Carmen to get here.
- Costco Travel: At times I have found it is useful to make your bookings using Costco Travel. I didn't use them for my Cancun trip, but I remember seeing good all-inclusive deals online for Cancun.
- Carry sun block/hat to Chichen Itza. It gets really hot. We had to buy one as it was unbearable. Second, drink plenty of water while roaming about in Chichen Itza. There is no shade whatsoever and it is very easy to get dehydrated.
- Eat at Elefanta: We found this Indian restaurant close to out hotel. It was by the lagoon and had lovely ambiance. Food was excellent. Best dal makhni everrrrrr!
Chichen Itza Day Trip
Chichen Itza Archaeological Site
|Temple of Sacrifice|